French Websites SEO Specialist - South Africa
Vacancy for: SEO Specialist – French websites
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We’re expanding our digital marketing team in Cape Town, South Africa, and we’re looking to build a team of SEO Specialists. We currently have over 20 websites (www.projects-abroad.net) and the SEO Specialists will play a key role in making sure that our websites rank consistently well. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working on interesting SEO challenges for an international organisation with offices across the globe.
We want to recruit an SEO Specialist to focus on our French-language websites, to work alongside our SEO Manager and foreign-language SEO Specialists.
This role will suit someone who has recently started in the SEO field and wants to develop their skills and experience.
Working closely with our teams worldwide, you will help advise on content and non-technical SEO. You will help create keyword maps and monitor our SERP-rankings. You will be responsible for setting SEO priorities and work alongside each marketing office to check on their progress. You will work with different marketing offices to make sure that our SEO strategy is in line with, and complements, our overall marketing strategy.
This will include:
- Keyword research
- Creating and maintaining keyword maps
- Optimising meta-data
- Traffic monitoring and recommendations
- SEO audits and competitor research
- SERP-ranking monitoring
- Recommending new pages
- Recommending improvements to existing pages
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments and trends in SEO
- Setting deadlines and making sure they are kept
- Briefing managers and directors on search performance, and advising on new opportunities and areas for improvement
- Be a native French speaker
- Have excellent French writing skills
- Be fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Be interested in international travel
- Have a passion for content marketing, and eager to develop your SEO skills across multiple markets and languages
- Have at least one year’s experience of working in SEO
- Have an understanding of and experience in using SEO tools (such as Google Keyword Planner, Moz, Raven Tools, Majestic)
- Have intermediate knowledge of Google Analytics
- Have intermediate MS Excel skills
- Be comfortable working with HTML
- Be detail-oriented
- Be currently living in Cape Town and legally eligible to work in South Africa
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Salary and benefits:
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you. We’re looking for:
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role.
- A one-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training you have that’s relevant to this role.