Vacancy for: Intern
Based: Yokohama, Japan
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Are you interested in making an impact around the world? Are you eager to learn about business, marketing, sales and operations from hands-on experience with one of the most globally focused companies in the world?
Projects Abroad has been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years and sent over 115,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
This is an entry-level position perfect for a recent graduate or someone with a bit of experience looking to branch out. You’ll bring your energy, passion, organizational skills and the ability to learn quickly in order to immediately contribute to our local and global team. The ideal candidates should be passionate about travel and cultural exchange and looking to work as part of a small but vibrant team.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the gold standard of support and safety, so our volunteers and interns can fulfill their potential, discover themselves and create positive change in the world.
Projects Abroad is the world's largest international volunteering and internship provider, recruiting young people from all over the world.
Example Duties and Responsibilities:
- To send out brochures.
- To support full time staff in their day to day tasks.
- To support the work of the Destination Expert by sending out administrative emails and checking all the necessary documents (flight tickets, parental consents, etc.) have been correctly submitted.
- Based in Yokohama, Japan
- Bachelors Degree or higuer essential
- Good command of the English language (especially reading)
- Native speaker of Japanese
- Some office, sales and Marketing experience preferred
- A well rounded, open-minded, quick learner who can be calm under pressure when required
- An “I’ll make-it-happen” attitude.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Outstanding writing skills and a professional telephone manner
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace working environment
- Experience traveling or living abroad in a developing country (preferred)
- Energetic with a thirst for knowledge
This is initially a 6-month position working up to 15 hours per week. However, there will likely be more opportunities if we find the right, high-performing individual.
• An impactful, but concise paragraph about why this position interests you along with your Resume. No formal cover letters required.
Salary: JPY 1,500 per hour
We look forward to hearing from you!