Masai School Manager
Vacancy for: Masai School Manager
Based: Arusha, Tanzania
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for a Masai School Manager with a degree in Education and experience working with teachers and students. The Masai School Manager will be responsible for the administration work in the school, including handling sensitive documents such as student records and teachers’ information. You will act as a liaison between the students, parents and teachers. You will also be responsible for volunteers’ day to day work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote student achievement.
- Support and develop talented teachers and volunteers.
- Build solid school structure.
- Be responsible for induction, training and professional development of volunteers and teachers.
- Raise standards of learning and teaching.
- Take responsibility for the main health and safety issues specific to the school and how they relate to pupils, teachers, volunteers and visitors.
- Be responsible for the planning, development, design, organizing and monitoring of services and whole school systems/procedures/policies.
- Represent the school at relevant meetings.
- Act as a bridge to facilitate closer working relationships between teachers and volunteers.
- Be responsible for the provision of specialist advice and guidance to the teachers and volunteers.
- Develop extracurricular activities for the pupils and volunteers.
- Make sure the school environment is a friendly and safe place for pupils, teachers and volunteers.
- Coordinate at least twice a month staff meeting (with teachers and volunteers).
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or similar.
- Have the ability to coach, coordinate and supervise teachers and students, as well as volunteers.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent English level: oral and written.
You will work under a temporary contract, subject to passing a probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.