Office & HR Manager
Vacancy for: Office and HR Manager
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use “apply” button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
As the Office and HR Manager, you will be working closely with our pre-departure services, operations and marketing teams and with the guidance and supervision of the Operations Director.
Your main role will be that of Office Director to all staff in the Global Information Office, monitoring their on-boarding, contracts, leave, work attendance, salaries etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Human Resources related duties for all staff members
- Carry primary responsibilities in recruitment and on-boarding; benefits and leave administration; HR information management and reporting; employee relations and compliance; and performance management
- Develop and facilitate implementation of all South African HR policies and procedures. Ensure they are aligned with global company practice and are applied consistently
- Create vacancy forms, job descriptions and job advertisements for open vacancies
- Liaise and attend meetings with other Company functions as necessary
- Manage employee communication and feedback via team and one-on-one meetings, suggestion programmes, employee surveys and workshops/focus groups
- Ensure the office meets all health and safety, environmental and general care of duty legislation
- Ensure all contracts are in place and kept up-to-date
- Facilitate the annual performance appraisal process and provide support to managers and employees
- Deal with visa applications for all foreign staff
- Finance tasks:
- Manage monthly budgets
- Liaise with Finance Team
- Liaise with all service providers
- Supervise the work of the Financial Controller
- Administrative duties:
- Be the key contact person for the Operations Director
- Work with the IT team to implement system improvements
- Arrange biweekly Team Leader meetings and send follow up emails
- Supervise the Office Assistant's work
- Have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources
- Have at least three years' experience in a Human Resources role
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Have employee relations experience with strong problem solving skills
- Have good working knowledge of South African labour law
- Have leadership skills and be able to plan your time efficiently and independently
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Be willing to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information
- Be responsible and accountable
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period.
To apply: please submit a cover-letter and CV.
Application deadline: 4th March