Operations Manager - Nepal
Vacancy for: Operations Manager
Based: Kathmandu, Nepal
Your role as an Operations Manager:
The role involves assisting with planning and coordinating the administrative, operational and strategic direction of Projects Abroad Nepal. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with the Country Director, local and foreign staff, volunteers and overseas offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Country Director to manage staff and ensure quality outcomes to all partners
- Oversee the development of protocols and procedures
- Monitor staff training, leave, schedules, etc.
- Prepare meeting agenda and meetings for weekly staff meeting and weekly management meeting
- Take action to resolve any issues that may arise with volunteers and escalate with Deputy Director and Country Director where necessary
- Organise the weekly cultural induction for all new arrivals (foreign staff and volunteers)
- Monitor social media, staff note writing, feedback tracking and DQs
- The job is busy, can involve some out-of-office hours work and can be physically demanding.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Computer literate
- Proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects for a culturally diverse group
- Mature in attitude and outlook
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Flexible and able to take directions and accept feedback
- Tact and diplomacy, you must respond well to others
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and cultures
- Additional languages, especially French will be an advantage
- A University degree is preferable but not a requirement
You will be offered a one-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. A job offer is dependent upon a successful interview and satisfactory references.
Salary & benefits:
Projects Abroad pays a good local salary, return flights to Nepal, accommodation and food allowance. Visa and vaccination expenses, as well as travel and medical insurance are also covered.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for this role.
- A two-page CV highlighting your relevant experience