Project Coordinator - Costa Rica
Vacancy for: Project Coordinator
Based: Heredia, Costa Rica
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. We’re looking for a flexible, dynamic, and motivated person to plan and coordinates projects related functions of Projects Abroad Costa Rica, ensuring that volunteers are matched appropriately with placements. It is important that activities for volunteers are clearly worked out, volunteers understand their roles and responsibilities, work with placements to fine tune structure of work being done by volunteers and ensure project quality. Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. The job is busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within and outside Costa Rica when necessary.
- Meet volunteers and conduct thorough orientation to their placement and ensure that they receive all necessary training and support during their placement.
- Act as the main coordinator for Care, Teaching and Sports placements.
- Coordinate regular workshops for volunteers as related to the placement area. Topics can be on basic skills, ideas for activities, discipline. etc. or ideas for topics can be solicited from the volunteers.
- Get to know and build a good relationship with each placement representative and volunteers. Listen and respond positively to questions and queries related to placements, and act accordingly.
- Ensure all volunteers have a set schedule for their placements and the work policies and ethics are followed.
- Timely monitor volunteers at their placements.
- Deal with emergencies at placements as required in coordination with the Country Director.
- Ensure effective communication between our placements, volunteers and the office, helping to increase the worthwhileness of our projects for our local partners and the volunteers.
- Have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent from a recognized institute with least 1 year experience.
- Count on proven ability to plan and execute projects for a culturally diverse group as well as community interventions and partnership building.
- Have experience working with culturally diverse population.
- Have experience in project development and management.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Speak fluent English.
You will be under a temporary contract. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply: click on the apply button and upload a CV and a cover letter. Do not send applications by email.