Project Coordinator - Human Rights
Vacancy for: Project Coordinator - Human Rights
Based: Arusha, Tanzania
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference, to help coordinate our Human Rights programme in Tanzania.
Your role as a Project Coordinator:
The role involves allocating volunteers to one of our Human Rights projects, conducting town and placement orientation for new volunteers, and assisting volunteers during their stay in Tanzania. Our Project Coordinator also arranges outreach activities and workshops, and they mediate between parties to make sure everything related to the Human Rights project runs smoothly. The objective of the role is to make sure all volunteers are happy and comfortable with their programme, they have enough work to do, while the needs of the local community are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research for women cases and work with other law institutions
- Provide monthly reports in writing
- Prepare trainings and presentations
- Arrange field work for volunteers
- Keep the database updated
- Assign tasks to volunteers
- Translate from Swahili to English
- Work on Human Rights awareness at schools and communities
- Attend court sessions with volunteers
- Other duties assigned
- Law degree: Knowledge about Comparative and international law is important
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
- Be a Tanzanian citizen currently living in Tanzania.
- Experience in project development and management.
You will be offered a termporary contract, subject to passing a probationary period. A job offer is dependent upon a successful interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide:
A one-page cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for this role. A two-page CV highlighting your relevant experience.