Project Expert - United Kingdom
Vacancy for: Project Expert
Based: Brighton, UK
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the world’s largest provider of international volunteering and meaningful travel experiences. We’ve been running for over 25 years and arranged award-winning trips for over 120,000 customers. Our mission is to provide a gold standard of support and safety, so our customers can explore the world, fulfill their potential, and create positive change. Our Head Office is in Brighton, UK, but we’re a truly global company with operations in 25 countries and recruiting customers across Europe, North America, and Australasia.
The Project Expert is a consultative sales position responsible for converting leads to bookings. The role is predominantly office-based and Project Expert mostly communicates with customers via telephone, email and live chat. The main purpose of this role is to ensure individual and team sales targets are met by following a consultative sales process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with leads to advise and sell international trips
- Find out the needs, desires, and motivations of leads and match them to the most suitable trip
- Proactively follow-up leads through telephone calls and email
- Consult regularly with colleagues in order to have up-to-date information about our trips and products
- Occasionally support the marketing team with content writing and translations where required
- Consult with colleagues in the B2B team about developing partnerships and group leads in your market
- Occasionally assist with events outside of the office. This could include evening or weekend work
- Occasionally help the Events Coordinator organise events and training of Brand Ambassadors
- Occasionally required to take part in familiarisation visits to new or current destinations in order to gain information and actual experience that can help promote Projects Abroad programmes
We are looking for individuals who are great at selling and passionate about travel and cultural exchange and looking to work in a vibrant, multicultural team. The successful candidates will have a gift for understanding customers, experience working towards sales targets -while being monitored on KPI's- and has preferably got experience traveling abroad. Other requirements are:
- Excellent writing skills and a professional telephone manner
- Empathy and ability to establish a connection with people of all ages
- Positive "can-do" attitude and flexibility
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Native Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, Italian, Polish or German nationals are very welcome to apply.
This is a permanent position, subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Are you interested? Great! We want to hear from you.
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role