Project Manager - Vietnam
Vacancy for: Project Manager
Based: Hanoi - Vietnam
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to assist our local team in Vietnam.
Your tasks would include but are not limited to:
• Provide support and contact for other offices to ensure clear, timely and relevant information is circulated
• Be the point of reference with recruitment offices in matching volunteers to suitable projects
• Maintain effective communication between our placements, volunteers and the local office, helping to increase the worthwhileness of our projects for our local partners and the volunteers
• Allocate placement and accommodations details for volunteers (including change of placements)
• Assist project coordinators where volunteers need extra assistance
• Ensure the information in our databases and websites is up to date
• Ensure feedback tracking is managed effectively
• Take photos, video, update photo gallery
• Ensure all problems and complaints are dealt with efficiently in combination with Project Coordinators, Country Director and other relevant staff as required in a tactfully and timely manner
• Deal with all legal and business related aspects of the office and liaise where necessary with Government Departments and other third parties
• Together with project coordinators improve Care management Plan
• Help project coordinators on volunteers induction/cultural induction when needed
• Find area to focus the marketing on
• Together with coordinators, plan; manage office monthly events, outreaches
• Hold discussions with volunteers on a variety of other topics such as cultural sensitivity
• Complete the monthly Programme Development reports for project(s) by the 5th of the month for the previous month, with updates on key achievements and progress made towards project
• Respond to follow-up questions from your Programme Development Officer to the monthly report(s)
• Ensure coordinators and volunteers are updating the Global Impact Database on a regular basis for planning and reporting purposes
• Regularly verify your destination's level of activity on the Global Impact Database for relevant projects
• Assist with answering follow-up questions by Programme Development Officers on monthly reports
• Complete the Community Day report in the Global Impact Database after each Community Day
• Work with and assist where possible, Director to build, strengthen and expand new and current projects and placements
• Support and work with Director in case of discipline and volunteer issues
• Stand in the position of Director in absence
• Assist in the recruitment of staff, such as the interns, summer staff and local translators
• Any other duties assigned and directed by the Country Director
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans.
- Have experience in project development and management (more technical experience)
- Have experience living and working in a developing country
- Have excellent administrative experience and skills
- Have effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Have the ability to take initiative, make independent judgements/decisions
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be reliable, self-reliant and flexible
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a Bachelor's degree in any related field (preferably but not required)
You will be employed on a 12 month contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interviews.
The exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during one of the interviews.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please complete the application form and upload:
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
- A two-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training relevant to this role
Experience working with international volunteers, or living internationally is essentially. Experience with government of Vietnam a bonus. Must have a high degree of cultural sensitivity and good problems solving skills.