Regional Sales Manager (Americas)
Vacancy for: Regional Sales Manager (Americas)
Based: New York, USA
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is entering an exciting period of growth and expansion, and we are looking to recruit a motivated and inspiring Sales Manager to lead our efforts across the Americas, with a strong focus on the USA and Canada.
This is a management position in a global organization with significant responsibility for managing both growth in participant numbers and the day to day needs of a small but vibrant sales team. The role involves managing both a B2C sales team in New York and B2B staff in Canada, USA and Latin America.
It will require demonstrable sales experience and proven ability in training, motivating and leading sales teams with proven, sustainable results.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be directly responsible for the performance of our sales team for Canada, the United States and Latin America, based out of our office in New York City. This is a hands-on leadership role, assisting the team with their tasks when needed. This will include:
- Setting goals for a sales team and making sure these are achieved.
- Liaising with the marketing team to help generate quality leads, with particular emphasis on university/school outreaches, careers fairs, newsletters and direct emails.
- Lead the growth in developing partnerships across the east coast of the US.
- Increasing lead conversion rates for each market to meet KPIs.
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of sales teams and providing guidance, training and skills development where needed.
- Inspiring and motivating sales teams both in the USA Hub and remote staff.
- Take responsibility for financial management of the office, setting budgets, managing bank accounts and accurate timely reporting of transactions.
- Being the first point of contact for resolving any challenges or problems.
- Ensuring that sales and operations teams collaborate and provide the best possible experience for our participants.
- Constantly looking out for opportunities to grow our sales in our North American and Latin American markets.
- Lead and share good practice with senior management and peers across the company.
- Dealing with leads, both over the telephone and via email
- Be based in New York City
- Be eligible to work in the USA
- Have at least two years’ experience managing sales teams, with demonstrable results
- Speak and write English to a native level (other languages especially French desirable but not essential)
- Have experience volunteering or living in a developing country, preferred
- Be an excellent writer and communicator, and comfortable presenting to groups and senior management
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible
- Be results driven
- Be interested in travel, and willing to travel extensively to offices around the world, if needed
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world, and enthusiastic about collaborating across cultures
Are you interested?
Please send us:
• A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
• A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role