Sales Support - USA
Vacancy for: Sales Support
Based: San Diego, USA
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Are you interested in making an impact around the world? Are you eager to learn about business, marketing, sales and operations from hands-on experience with one of the most globally focused companies in the world?
Projects Abroad has been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years and sent over 115,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation. We’ve recently launched our latest new office in Downtown San Diego, and we are looking for top talent to help us in our aggressive expansion.
This is an entry-level position perfect for a recent graduate or someone with a bit of experience looking to branch out. You’ll bring your energy, passion, organizational skills and the ability to learn quickly in order to immediately contribute to our local and global team. The ideal candidates should be passionate about travel and cultural exchange and looking to work as part of a small but vibrant team.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the gold standard of support and safety, so our volunteers and interns can fulfill their potential, discover themselves and create positive change in the world.
Projects Abroad is the world's largest international volunteering and internship provider, recruiting young people from all over the world.
Example Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage office inventory and order supplies when necessary
• Coordinate with field staff (based in New York, California, Latin America and Canada) for printed materials and trip logistics
• Manage travel arrangements and event logistics for field staff
• Manage phone calls and correspondence via email
• Note taking during staff meetings
• Assist colleagues whenever necessary
• Deposit accounts receivable via checks or scanner
• Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
• Update records and databases with personal and financial data
• Notify international offices about payments, checks, and invoices
• Manage recurring bill payments
• A willingness to learn about our amazing programs and help us promote them
• The ability to be patiently persistent and easily make connections with potential volunteers
• Comfortable interacting with people from all different backgrounds via chat, text and telephone
• Driven by numbers and interested in data and achieving results
• Based in the San Diego area
• Speak and write English to a native level
• Fluent written and spoken Spanish is a big plus (other languages also helpful)
• Office, Sales and Marketing experience preferred.
• A well rounded, open-minded, quick learner who can be calm under pressure when required
• An “I’ll make-it-happen” attitude.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Outstanding writing skills and a professional telephone manner
• Experience working with accounts and bookkeeping
• Ability to multitask in a fast pace working environment
• Experience traveling or living abroad in a developing country (preferred)
• Energetic with a thirst for knowledge
• Eligible to work in the United States; no Visa sponsorship available
This is initially a 6-month position working around 30 hours per week. However, there will likely be more opportunities if we find the right, high-performing individual.
• An impactful, but concise paragraph about why this position interests you along with your Resume. No formal cover letters required.
We look forward to hearing from you!