Volunteer Advisor - South Africa
Vacancy for: Volunteer Advisor - South Africa
Based: Cape Town
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button, and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter. Please do not send applications via email.
Projects Abroad is the leading organization recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas. Annually we recruit over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to over 30 developing countries. We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas – our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with worthwhile work and the experience of a lifetime.
We are looking for a Volunteer Advisor to be the main point of contact for our volunteers while they are preparing for their adventure with us.
- You will be the main point of contact for our volunteers for all pre-departure communication prior to their arrival in one of our many destinations worldwide
- You will work closely with our Administrative Team
- You will work closely with our Destination Teams
The prime purpose of office contact with volunteers is customer service. You can play a large part in shaping the volunteers’ experience. By being enthusiastic, efficient and supportive, you will assist the volunteers’ integration into the country and the projects they work on. The volunteers should then be able to develop their own, unique experience.
- Be fluent in English spoken and written (French, Italian, German, Dutch or Japanese advantageous)
- Have a customer service or administrative background
- Preferably but not compulsory: Be a university graduate (Preferably in Communication, Customer Service, Tourism, Business Administration, PR)
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have the ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Be able to meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Be highly organised and able to plan your time efficiently and independently
- Be interested in travel and international service work
You will be employed on a temporary contract, subject to a one-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and a personal interview.
Salary & Benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
To apply, please click on the Apply button and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organization recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 developing countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
To recruit our fee-paying volunteers we use a variety of offline and online marketing measures.