Volunteer Coordinator - Italy
Vacancy for: Volunteer Coordinator - Temporary
Based: Camini, Reggio Calabria, Italy
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help in anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We're looking for a temporary Volunteer Coordinator to help supervise international volunteers working in our short-term Refugee Project. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, be proficient in both oral and written English and have a passion for human rights and international affairs. Experience working with children in a teaching, animation or education environment would be advantageous, but is not a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the contact person for international volunteers, you will be responsible for making each new arrival feel welcome and secure in their new environment from their arrival at the airport until the return to their home countries.
- You will complete inductions with the new volunteers, introducing them to their work project and explaining cultural differences and expectations of their project.
- You will support the volunteers throughout their time with Projects Abroad.
- Updating volunteer database in a timely manner.
- Completing feedback forms with volunteers and updating the volunteer database with feedback information.
- Looking for new host families for volunteers and maintaining a good relationship with them.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the search for new organisations and projects to work with.
- The job is very busy. You will be working alongside the volunteers on a daily basis from morning until late in the evening.
- Accompanying volunteers to the hospital when they are sick and helping them solve any urgent/important problems.
- Any other duties assigned and directed by the Projects Manager
- Meeting with project supervisors to review their work, and to plan for upcoming volunteers, events and strategies
- Advanced English, both spoken and written
- An Italian citizen willing to relocate to Camini (Reggio Calabria)
- Own car and up-to-date driving license
- Happy to work flexible hours including weekends
- Experience working in a multicultural team
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, discretion and diplomacy
- Other languages are extremely useful (not required)
You will be offered a temporary contract with the option to extend.
To apply: please complete the online application form by clicking on the provided link and upload your CV and cover letter in one combined file.